The Power of the Popes Walking Tour

The tour initiates with the visit of the Saint Peter’s Basilica, that was rebuilt in the XVI and XVII Centuries, the interior is decorated with thousands of gilt tesserae, prized marbles, Byzantine and baroque mosaics, the renowned Pieta by Michelangelo and the Saint Peter’s Tomb.

The area of Piazza Navona follows the size and shape of the ancient Domitian’s Stadium of the Roman Era. Piazza Navona is longitudinally marked by the presence of three fountains, the side "Fountain of Neptune or Calderoni" and "Fountain of the Moor" by Giacomo della Porta, while the central "Fountain of the Four Rivers" was designed by Bernini. In front of this stands the church with a Greek cross of St. Agnes in Agone, which was completed in 1652 by Borromini.

Agrippa’s Pantheon, the temple dedicated to the twelve planetary deities, became with time a Catholic Church thence.

The tour ends at the Trevi Fountain, it was designed by Nicolas Salvi in the XVIII c., the very last example of the magnificent baroque art.

Important information: No shorts, no sleeveless outfits permitted

Highlights: Saint Peter’s Basilica, Navona Square, Pantheon, Trevi Fountain

What’s included: Walking tour. Licensed English speaking guide. Headphones. Entrance skip the line
Available: every day
Starting at: 8:45 a.m.
Duration: 3 hours (approx.)
Person: Min 1, Max 40

REQUEST OF INFORMATION>>

Please contact us at E-mail: or Toll Free: 1-888-813-4450 | CST 2066114-40 | Credits